Sign Up To Keep Up To Date on CCM Concerts in the Philippines!

Keep Up To Date on Pinoy CCM Events
Name
Email

Friday, September 19, 2008

Newsboys -Read All About It

As I place this album into my stereo and push 'play', I am embraced by enthusiastic young Aussies eager to proclaim their faith. The music is very much in style for the 80's,
and the song lyrics are very simple. For the Newsboy's first record, I think that it shows a lot of potential talent.

Throughout the entire album the music is very upbeat and joyful, while lead vocalist John James declares simple Christian truths such as "He's coming back again" and "Love and Joy and Peace and Hope is what He offers us." The lyrics of the songs touch several topics ranging from standing up for our faith to how He will never leave us. Some lyrics are very simplistic: "He can give us the power to make it through, He gives us the strength, He cares for you"; while other dive a little deeper, "I see the neon lights as they light the city sky / I see a desperate boy at the moment he cries / I see him reaching out, his hand is to the sky / I'm telling you don't let go, God is on your side."...

Continue Reading at this Christian Music Review

No comments: